Olddate function
Monday, September 12, 2022
Working in The Furness
Gabriel tries to get by, as we all ado, in a society full of people who seem to have their own mind about nearly everything, and no mind at all for their role in fostering a civil society. While he passes through the city's busy avenues, and moves through its traffic jams in fits and starts aboard the cable car, he does not have a window out to the real world, beyond their city's protective walls and its marvelous dome. But Gabriel's world is very, very dead. When he finally gets outside the city, he will learn just how vast and how barren his world actually is. It is hard to imagine it, actually. But, occasionally, I do find some inspirational art which reflects the visions he may see, when he travels away from his home for the last time.
This image was found unattributed on Specboy.com. I first saw this, and it immediately looked like it belonged in my world. Let me know what you think, leave comments below. Have you seen any good post-apocalyptic art you would like to share?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured
The annals of Gabriel Standers begins now.
Welcome to my novel's first blog post! Hello world, Here I am. I have been inspired to share with the world what has been developing in...
-
Gabriel tries to get by, as we all ado, in a society full of people who seem to have their own mind about nearly everything, and no mind at ...
-
Gabriel's hometown of Santa Rosa is a hodgepodge of buildings and technology that his ancestors had cobbled together with nothing but p...
-
T he Furness was my only guard. It is hot, and it tells you that you will be burned alive if you cross it. It is vast and powerful and smoth...

The image is very beautiful.I also, really like your description at the beginning.
ReplyDelete-Quinley
Thank you very much! I am excited for the new scene I am working on. I was inspired by Mister-E's church organ :)
ReplyDelete