Outside the paved city streets of Gabriel's world lies the hard, hot, and unforgiving desolation called the Furness. It is a place that is not only difficult to build on, but it destroys any road material in a matter of only months, making wheels simply too impractical for travel. If you are not traveling by air, then you are traveling by rail. If, God help you, you are not traveling by rail, then you are traveling by a great mechanical horse with a stride that can cover the craggy ground quickly. I have been asked to describe the horses in Gabriel's world, but I don't think I am ready to do that yet. I do enjoy the many different artistic creations available however, such as the one below, showing attempts to build such an animal for use in the dead world.
Steampunk War Horse is a painting by Tom Shropshire which was uploaded on January 26th, 2015
What do you think of this horse? Can you find a mechanical picture to share, or have you though about what a mechanical horse might look like, and even drawn one of your own? Would you like to share what you've found or drawn here, or leave a comment?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting our blog! We very much appreciate your thoughtful comment, and once the matter has been reviewed, you should see your comment added to the page promptly!